ProJet received an order for a unique Dual Cutter, also called Tail & Deckle Cutter, for the Wire Section of the New Indy paper machine in Oxnard, CA, USA. New Indy is producing board on a 126 in. wide machine with very frequent deckle changes. New Indy selected ProJet as preferred supplier because ProJet’s Tail & Deckle Cutter excels in quality, reliability and user-friendliness.
ProJet’s Tail & Deckle Cutter has the following features:
- Automated trim removal before the couch and size press
- Eliminates changing deckle widths of suction and press rolls
- Substantial savings in drying energy possible if trim is removed at the wet-end instead of after the reel
This leads to the following benefits:
- Adjusting the paper width to cross directional shrink => Minimum paper loss at pope roller
- Parameter feedback: “End of production run” or “All parameters ready to go for new production run” => Unproductive time between production runs is minimized.
- Setting the Tail width => Quickest possible adjustments.
- Choosing the position of the Tail => Best position of the press rolls or press felts
- Choice for dual speed => Optimal speed for “Go to full width” and thus minimizing the risk for sheet breaks.
- => Highest possible speed at “Cut off” and thus reducing scrap to a minimum.
- Remote control => Operating personnel does not need to wait at the forming section during tail transfer=> reduction of labor
The equipment is scheduled to be delivered in Q4, 2023 and installation & start-up in Q1, 2024. The value of the order will not be disclosed.
ProJet understands that each client application is unique. For that reason, ProJet developed an automated ROI-calculator that will be applied to each application and produced paper grade. By contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com ProJet will perform a no-charge ROI calculation of any Forming Fabric, Press Felt or Dryer Fabric application. After inputting the process parameters provided by customers, they will be provided with a ROI-Analysis of each specific application and investment justification.