ProJet received an order for a Dual Cutter, also called Tail & Deckle Cutter, for the Wire Section of PM1 at Neenah Paper Inc., Stevens Point, WI. Neenah, worldwide manufacturers of Specialty Papers operates a 150 in. wide machine in Stevens Point. PM 1 has very frequent deckle changes, up to 30 a week. Neenah selected ProJet as preferred supplier because ProJet’s Tail & Deckle Cutter excels in quality, reliability and user-friendliness.
The Tail & Deckle Cutter has 2 independent travelling squirts, allowing for quickest possible adjustments in Deckle Width; either symmetrically or on one side of the sheet only. ProJet was flexible in Neenah’s requests for the Controls part of the delivery, with the PLC being an Allen Bradley 1756ControlLogix and the HMI an AB-10”-2711 TouchPanel, all using the latest FirmWare version 30.
ProJet’s Tail & Deckle Cutter has the following features:
- Automated trim removal before the couch and size press
- Eliminates changing deckle widths of suction and press rolls
- Substantial savings in drying energy possible if trim is removed at the wet-end instead of after the reel
This leads to the following benefits:
- Adjusting the paper width to cross directional shrink => Minimum paper loss at pope roller
- Parameter feedback: “End of production run” or “All parameters ready to go for new production run” => Unproductive time between production runs is minimized.
- Setting the Tail width => Quickest possible adjustments.
- Choosing the position of the Tail => Best position of the press rolls or press felts
- Choice for dual speed => Optimal speed for “Go to full width” and thus minimizing the risk for sheet breaks.
- Highest possible speed at “Cut off” and thus reducing scrap to a minimum.
- Remote control => Operating personnel does not need to wait at the forming section during tail transfer=> reduction of labor
The value of the order will not be disclosed. The equipment is scheduled to be delivered in December, 2021 and installation & start-up in Q1, 2022.
ProJet understands that each client application is unique. For that reason, ProJet developed an automated ROI-calculator that will be applied to each application and produced paper grade. By contacting email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org ProJet will perform a no-charge ROI calculation of any Forming Fabric, Press Felt or Dryer Fabric application. After inputting the process parameters provided by customers, they will be provided with a ROI-Analysis of each specific application and investment justification.
ProJet is represented by Card Holdings, Lance Card, in the states of Wisconsin, Minnesota and Lower Michigan. Lance Card has been assisting the US paper industry for the last 30 years, striving to help US Paper mills gear up and adopt technology driven productions. Lance Card has been bringing new and latest technology to the Canadian paper mills, which has a direct influence on paper quality and machine run ability.