ProCleaner, Type DC for Dryer Fabrics
The ProCleaner Type DC, is a continuous High Pressure Traversing Shower, designed for the dryer section of paper-, board- and tissue-machines.
A clean dryer fabric, with consistently high air permeability, delivers important productivity and performance advantages for dryer section applications. The desired end result, of a clean dryer fabric, is a substantial improvement in available dryer capacity. Dryer fabric contamination is on the rise due to the increasing use of secondary fibres, recycling of coated broke, increasing use of sheet fillers, an increased use of recycled mill water supplies, and the increased use of process chemicals. Figures below show how an effective ProJet fabric cleaning system prevents contamination build-up when used continuously.
The ProJet system consumes very little water, compressed air, or electrical energy.
This innovative cleaning system is being applied successfully to very low basis weight product as well has heavy weight paper board applications.
Advantages of Continuous Dryer Fabric Cleaning
Applying a ProJet Wire Cleaning Solution guarantees consistently clean dryer fabrics from beginning to end of usable dryer fabric life. Consistently clean fabrics deliver the following significant manufacturing advantages:
- No chemical cleaning will be required to maintain fabric cleanliness;
- No shutdowns will be required for fabric cleaning.
- This will provide increased manufacturing productivity and profitability;
- Maintaining consistently high dryer fabric air permeability increases available dryer capacity;
- Better CD moisture profiles will be maintained;
- Sheet curling, caused by uneven drying, will be eliminated;
- Dryer fabric life will be substantially improved;
- Much less contamination will be deposited on dryers, doctor blades, and felt rolls.
Energy data, Type DC (Dryer Fabrics, Continuous)
- Maximum pressure: 350 bar (5000 psig);
- Water consumption per nozzle: 0.5 l/min (0.12 GPM);
- Compressed air consumption: 1.0 m³/min (35 CFM).
Features & Benefits
- Fully automatic;
- Every 10 – 60 minutes;
- Brush will clean air knife;
- Water will flush cleaning from inside;
- Because park position is outside dryer hood, nozzles van be changed during production without entering the dryer hood;
- Swing doors close dryer hood again, to avoid heat loss.